Ponoka COOP Oils – Renovation and Addition
Project Type: Renovation and Addition
Building Type: Commercial, Retail, Convenience Store, Office.
Project Timeline: 3.5 Months
Location: Ponoka, Alberta.
Ponoka Coop Limited is a membership owned business that has been operating for over half a century in Central Alberta. They serve the community of Ponoka and surrounding area bulk and commercial fuel along with various other agricultural and petroleum related products.
In 2022 Ponoka Coop decided to proceed with expanding their retail capacity by renovating their existing building which has served them for over 50 years. After careful consideration, they procured Hawi Construction to design and engineer a building plan that would allow them to expand their office and retail capacity while giving their existing building a much-needed interior and exterior facelift.
Due to the age and location of the project, there were some considerable technical challenges, including structural upgrades, hazardous material abetment and constructing within close proximity to customers as they remained opened to the public. Hawi Construction, it’s safety team and subtrades, took careful consideration of these challenges and were able to achieve a 100% successful safety program with zero incidents or lost time days.
With a very tight deadline to complete the work, Hawi Construction completed the demolition, expansion and renovation in only 3.5 months which was on-time and on-budget.
The scope of work included but was not limited to…
- Complete Mechanical and Electrical replacement and upgrade.
- Structural Upgrades to Existing metal roof and cinderblock walls.
- Interior and Exterior Demolition
- Hazardous Material Abetment
- Screw Pile Foundation and cast-in-place Grade beams
- Structural and Interior Wood Framing
- Upgraded Roof System (Welded PVC)
- Upgraded Building Envelope Windows, doors and Exterior Walls (EFIS)
- Completely Renovated Interior and new slab.
- Walk In cooler